If you find a lost/stray animal or you have a missing pet, feel free to check our Pinterest Lost & Found board to see if your pet has been found or you can email us a flyer that we are happy to post on our board. We encourage you to follow these guidelines published by the Massachusetts Lost Pet Network before contacting the shelter.
Please make sure you notify your local Animal Control Officer, since Massachusetts ACOs now have the ability to create a state-wide “SABER” alert, akin to the human “AMBER” alerts. These are sent to ACOs state-wide so that many eyes can be on the lookout for your pet, or so that details about an animal you may have found is widely distributed.
- List of Massachusetts Animal Control Phone Numbers and Officers
- Send any ACO modifications/additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and Found Resources from the Massachusetts Animal Coalition
- …with a link to the location where a lost pet was last seen, or the location where a pet was found on the “Massachusetts Misssing Pet Network” Google Map.
In both cases above, please send the following information:
- Whether you are reporting a lost pet or a found pet
- Exact location where the pet was lost or found
- Date when the pet was lost or found
- Breed of pet
- The type and ID number of an implanted recovery microchip, if applicable
- Name of the pet, if known
- Description and distinguishing marks
- A few photos showing different aspects of the pet, if possible
- Your contact information