Lost & found pet resources
If you find a lost/stray animal or you have a missing pet, please check out our Pinterest lost & found board to see if your pet has been found or you can email us a flyer that we are happy to post on our board. We encourage you to follow these guidelines from the Massachusetts Lost Pet Network before contacting the shelter.
- Notify your local Animal Control Officer, since Massachusetts ACOs now have the ability to create a statewide “SABER” alert, akin to the human “AMBER” alerts.
- Email the Mass Lost Pets Network so they can post your pet’s photo and description.
- Send pet updates, including pet sightings, to the Mass Lost Pets Network, along with a location or Google Map of where your pet was last seen.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Whether you are reporting a lost pet or a found pet
- Exact location where the pet was lost or found
- Date when the pet was lost or found
- Breed of pet
- The type and ID number of an implanted recovery microchip, if applicable
- Name of the pet, if known
- Description and distinguishing marks
- A few photos showing different aspects of the pet, if possible
- Your contact information