Help for cats and kittens
Help for mother cat & kittens:
- Adopting out kittens and spaying mother cats. If you have kittens you can't care for, you can surrender them to Baypath Humane Society. We will find them loving homes, and spay your mother cat for free.
Help for stray kittens:
- Finding homes for kittens. Last year alone we found wonderful homes for more than 300 stray kittens. If you see stray or abandoned kittens in the area, please let us know. We would be glad to help pick them up, get them medical care, and find them loving homes.
Fast facts about stray kittens:
- Kittens are not safe outdoors. Outdoor kittens are in danger from predators like coyotes, foxes, and fisher cats, and are much more susceptible to disease the longer they live outdoors.
- Kittens have a much better chance of getting adopted the sooner they get socialized. The earlier that kittens get used to being around people, the better chances they will have of finding good homes.
- Kittens can reproduce at a young age. Even kittens as young as four months old can become pregnant, adding to the cat overpopulation problem. It's important to get them indoors so they can receive medical care and get spayed/neutered.
If you see stray/abandoned kittens or cats in the area, please contact us at 508-435-6938 or email us today.
[Photo courtesy of E. Tremblay]