Youth Action Guide
For safety sake, all in-shelter volunteers must be 18 years or older. The good news is there are lots of fun ways that youngsters can support the animals in our care. Here are just a few ideas:
- Check with a local store owner to see if you can create a donation box to collect supplies from the store or from our Amazon wish list. Be sure to make it big and colorful to catch shoppers’ attention!
- Post copies of our wish list in your school or neighborhood. Or, return cans for deposits, and then use the money to purchase something from our wish list.
- Create a “coin collecting” event in your neighborhood, school, library, or scout troop.
- Have a dog biscuit and cat cookie bake sale, and donate the proceeds to Baypath.
- Create bookmarks with humane messages to use in your classroom, hand out at libraries, or give away through local bookstores.
- Ask your church, temple, scout troop, and other organizations to hold a collection drive or special fundraiser (bake sales, car wash, yard sale, etc.) in support of Baypath.
- Make a list of phone numbers to call for help with animals that are lost, found, or who need homes. Distribute the list to people in your neighborhood.
- Using the pictures on Baypath’s web site, make posters of animals who are awaiting new homes. Hang them on bulletin boards at your school, library, grocery store, and other public places.
- Help an elderly or sick neighbor or friend take care of their pets.
We’d like to ask you to follow a few simple rules when fundraising:
- Please contact us before organizing any kind of fundraiser and before using Baypath’s name in any publication.
- When delivering proceeds from an event, don’t forget to tell us what you did and who organized your project. We’d love to hear how you helped!